Iron has an essential role in the health and vitality of many bodily functions. It plays an important component in the production of hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that transports oxygen from the lungs throughout the body. If there is lack of iron, muscles and tissues will not receive the necessary oxygen required to function effectively. Indicators of iron deficiency can include chronic fatigue symptoms such as weakness and sleepiness, pale skin, shortness of breath, headaches and dizziness, hair loss, cold hands and/or feet, and restless leg.
Iron is used to:
- Help maintain normal muscle function and immune function.
- Help in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and/or gums, wound healing and in connective tissue formation.
- Help maintain the body’s ability to metabolize nutrients.
- Help prevent iron deficiency anemia and associated tiredness and fatigue; form red blood cells and helps in their proper function.
- Help pregnant women meet Health Canada’s recommended intake for iron, when taken in conjunction with a healthy diet.
- Source of antioxidants for the maintenance of good health and to help protect cells against oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
In a great mixed berry flavour!
Recommended Dose: Adults – Take 1 teaspoon (5ml) daily. Take with food, a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products.
Medicinal Ingredients (Each teaspoon contains):
Iron [Iron (II) bisglycinate] --45 mg
Vitamin C (Calcium ascorbate) --83 mg
Health Canada NPN Number: 80104212